When your partner is explaining your new job to someone over the phone and your suspicion that he has no clue what you do is confirmed…. but makes for hilarious listening…
“and the audiences and research… why did you have to ask me this just as she got in the car?”
When your nieces are adorable and make you love notes and you feel all the #feels… Continue reading
**Spoiler Alert – FYI I’m up to date with the TV show (S4 Ep9) – haven’t read the books**
- Dooo-doo-do-do- dooo-doo-do-do-dooo…
- Oh god… what happened last time?
- Doesn’t matter, no time to review. If you don’t watch it now you will see spoilers.
- Oh right – forgot about him.
- So he also reckons he should be on the throne?
- What’s so good about the throne anyway?
- It looks terribly uncomfortable…
I arrived in Perth two months ago today. It’s been a great adventure so far (more about that here) and things are going really well overall, but recently I’ve felt twinges and twangs of missing home. While this is totally normal, I’ve observed it seems to be the little things that I miss the most.
Some of the things I’ve been missing:
- My nieces. Their little faces, their energy and their love. I hear about them from my family and we’ll sometimes have a chat on the phone so I know what they’re up to, but I miss hanging out with them. It’s the little moments like exchanging tips on how to draw the best fairies, getting hair styling advice and being schooled in how to draw unicorns (“mummy does it better”). I’m also worried they’ll forget who I am – not the twins as they’re five and I think we’re pretty solid, but Little A is only two – how much can a two year old remember? Should I be attaching my face to some My Little Pony’s so I remain top of mind?
There’s something you should know: I’m writing this nude… Continue reading
Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose… here are a couple of my recent losses… Continue reading
G’day from Sunny Perth! Not that it’s sunny today, it’s actually raining. But just go with me for a minute because every other day has been sunny – I swear. As you may know, my handsome boyfriend lives in Perth and we’ve been doing the long distance thing. We got a bit sick of that so I have made the shift over to the West Coast to suss things out. I’ve been in town three weeks now and have noticed a couple of things…
1. I’m no longer from Sydney, I’m from the East Coast. I’ve never thought of myself as an “eastie” before, Continue reading
There are so many things in this crazy world that people disagree on. Some things are necessary to improving how society functions, others less so.
But sometimes you want a break from the back and forth. So today’s post is all about things we can agree on… Continue reading